Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The wedding is getting closer!

Awww... so I'm a pretty sappy person as it is. When my sister and Blake announced that they were getting married I was more than thrilled. For about a year now, we've spent time with her finding venues, picking out flowers, designing invitations, trying on dresses, ordering shoes, and looking at jewelry. It is so much fun! And every time I set out for another adventure with Meg, Jarin says: "why do you have to be involved in that?" It's a valid question, I guess... I'm involved in everything she does!

Saturday was a big day. We went to the Bridal Room in Bettendorf (www.thebridalroominc.com) to try on the dress! It's the perfect fit, perfect style, perfect color, perfect design, and perfect on her! Oh, I wish I could share pictures, but you'll have to wait until August 7th to see her.

In the meantime, here are a couple shots from the boutique -- doesn't the bride-to-be look so happy? And Miss Alayna was loving with her aunt's shoe choice!
Then there was my daughter, the sweet- and innocent-looking bear, who pulled at her dress the whole time she was trying it on, screamed because she wanted it off, and only would stand quietly for the alterations lady because I bribed her with candy!! But, without a doubt, isn't she gorgeous? :)
I can't wait for this wedding day to come, but know that as soon as I wish for it to be here, it'll be over, and we'll be wishing for it to happen all over again! I couldn't be happier for my lil' sis. She is so deserving of a fantastic husband and life of happiness. Love you Moog!

No comments:

Post a Comment