Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Motherhood

I've tried to be a stay-at-home mom, albeit, it was only for four months. But there was something about having professional interactions and an applicable purpose for my master's degree that made the dedication to work outside of the home more appealing to me. So, that's what I've done... this balancing act of working, being a mom, loving myself, and still keeping that spark in my marriage. Monday was a different story.

I woke early to be on the road to Des Moines by 6 a.m. It was quiet. No one was up. I made myself coffee. I showered in peace. Shoot, I even shaved my legs. And then I went from room to room, pushing hair out of faces, giving kisses on warm cheeks, and patting the butts of those I love the most. I whispered good-bye to each sleeping beauty, and walked out the door.

On my way down the highway, I realized that the appeal of "going to work" was not-so-appealing today. There was something much more sexy about me being the one tucked in tight, hearing "have-a-good-day" whispers from my hubby dressed in his suit and tie.

And then I realized. Nothing about working full-time, being a mom, and walking that balance beam is truly sexy. The appeal in life comes from the moments you make together, not the day-to-day logistics. And so, here's a little about how us Hansen's celebrate life together.
Annual baseball game with coolers as bases!
Bocce Ball competitions
Mother's Day picnic conglomeration!
Family competitions and giggles

Now, if you don't find this sexy... fine. I don't really either, in the literal sense. But I do find it stimulating, beautiful, and above all, the reason I work and provide for my family every day. So, for me... celebrating motherhood is as sexy as it comes some days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment