Saturday, August 6, 2011

We Did 7 in '11

Okay, so most of us did 7 in '11... and then others (don't worry Jar, I won't mention any names) totally bailed! It was my third year running the BIX, and must say, I was happy with the run time. Last year, I killed it in 68 minutes, but the cool air and light rain made a difference for sure. This year I came in 3 minutes behind, but at 71 minutes in 100 degree weather, I'll take it!

We started Friday night with a slumber party at the empty house before the big move. It included painting nails, girl talk, and even a couple beers.



 The best part, is that this run was with my two cousins, aunt, and sis... talk about a little Skala-butt-kickin!


And it was the first big run for my sis and I together. When we hit the midpoint, we joined hands and turned the corner together. A pretty neat sensation to tackle this accomplishment hand in hand. It's not just seven miles... it's seven horrendous miles of hills.




This was me, running at mile 5, about ready to die. Maybe I was excited about the guy running behind me?

After the race, we enjoyed a little chilled brewski. (Thanks ma!) And, for fun, check out the redneck koozie I had...


When we returned to the house, we met up with the RAGBRAI riders! Congrats to those boys too, riding over 100 miles in the heat. Talk about a stoked crew!


And a super loud shout-out goes to the pops. Just three months ago he received a new hip, learned to not only walk again, but ride. Pretty impressive. We were extremely proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment