Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sweet Miracle

Being a mom is truly the best job in the world. With kids you get hugs and kisses when you're having a rough day, you see their smile and hear their silly questions, you watch their intuition drive their activities and interests, you are continually teaching them life's worth and instilling your own values. Then, there comes a moment when you sit back and watch the choices that they make, coach as often as you can, let them explore, provide guidance, witness their learning and always protect them. Having children has taught me all about sharing and giving, negotiating and probing, leading and following, loving and teaching. Most importantly, it has taught me never to take a moment for granted.

Being an aunt is even more. It's all these things and friendship; it's about role-modeling and mentoring. Kids search beyond their parents for that idol because they realize that their parents are interested in safety, not popularity. But aunts and uncles provide an acceptance, a sounding board, and a realistic opportunity to ask real-life questions and accept real-life answers. I know because of the impact that my aunts had on my life.

In just four short months, I'll be an aunt and it'll be my chance to give back all the insight and friendship that I was given. And as my baby sis and her hubby await this sweet miracle, it's their opportunity to feel all the emotion that parenting brings. It's a true love that you can never fully explain.


Little One, you will be the sunshine of their lives. You will change lives, and you will be forever loved... not only by them, but by us too. We can't wait to hold you in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment