Monday, March 4, 2013

Butterfly Kisses

Last year was the first experience Jarin had taking his little girl to the Junior League father-daughter dance, Butterfly Kisses. I remember him not knowing what he was about to get into taking his then-four-year-old little girl for dancing, crafts, photos, and more. But he prepped her right, surprised her with some "diamond" jewelry from Claire's, and put on his own spiffy suit to take her out for the afternoon.

This year, she went all out! She wanted her hair done, nails manicured, and was even touched with some eyeshadow and lipstick before adorning herself with a fancy dress and new bling, bling shoes. That's when she looked at me and asked if she could wear the jewelry that her daddy got her for her first father-daughter dance. Of course! I loved that she remembered exactly when and why she received that special gift from her daddy and that it was important that she wear it again this year.

Take a look at her getting ready for the event. She sure felt like a princess, and I can promise you that her daddy was thrilled to have her as his date.


As they were getting ready to leave, Cade looked at me and said, "Mom, do they ever have mother-brother dances?" Aw, how priceless that he ask! Instead, we had a special mother-son trip to Donutland for the biggest and best cinnamon roll in town.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! By the way I voted!!! :) Love that name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And actually if I was creative and looked harder into names Emma might have been Emersyn. But Jeremy informs me no way...haha! Oh the fun times. So happy for you guys!!!

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures !!! She is adorable !!! I love "The pose" hands on the hips and all proud.....

    ReplyDelete