Thursday, August 20, 2009

Racing Again


Last weekend, Liesel and I ran a 5K with my Aunt Deb and cousin Kyle for the Sweet Corn Fest. Lots of fun, but it was slammed in between a rehearsal dinner and a wedding, so I wasn't exactly on my best behavior the night before, unless of course a couple beers count as a good pre-run carb diet! We had a ton of fun though... well I did and Lies put up with my speed! (She's a titch quicker than me!)

Aunt Deb is already planning our next 5K in Oct for the Especially For You 5K against Breast Cancer. As a survivor herself, it's pretty cool that she is running it with us. Let me know if you're interested in joining the SKALA team, in honor of Deb and her victory!

Also in Oct, we'll be doing the Killer Bee for the St. Ambrose homecoming weekend. Even Cade runs that one, so bring your kids (young and old) to the Quad Cities on 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment