Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beautiful Easter Day

The eggs are dyed, check.
The fingers are stained, check.
The kids are dressed, check.
The ham is cooked, check.
The bunny came, check.
The bellies are filled, check.

It was a great Easter, and coloring eggs was sure a riot this year! Not only did Cade and Layna spill green and yellow dye all over my table and (freshly scrubbed) hardwood floor, but they were soaking their hands in the bowls of dye and slurping it with a spoon!! AAHH! We started with a dozen eggs this year, some of them were slammed onto the cooling rack, others were dropped and rolled across the floor....I think we ended up with 8 good ones, 3 of which were still cracked and broken all over, but pretty!

(My kids also decided sometime in the last few months that taking pictures was not going to be on their list of to-dos this year. So, as you'll see from our Easter celebration, one of the kiddos were uncooperative in almost every picture that I took!)

Here are the sweet pumpkins before and after church Sunday morning. What a beautiful day it was! Can you tell how thrilled Alayna was with my photo requirements!

We played outside for a while, and Jarin captured the kids' attention with a bird nest that was built around my wreath recently. (Maybe if I put away my winter decor prior to spring, I wouldn't have this issue, but...)

Then it was time to enjoy our wonderful feast! We made 20 lbs of ham for 11 adults and our 2 kiddos. I have to show off the masterpiece! I was thrilled with how it all turned out...
And after our bellies were filled, the Easter bunny dropped off 58 eggs for the kids to seek out in the backyard. By now, the kids changed in to their comfy clothes, which apparently consists of Harley Davidson gear for both! Happy Easter to my biker-babes!

No comments:

Post a Comment