Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy 55th birthday to my daddy!

It's quite amazing that 55 years of life have passed for my dad. That seems like such a long time (sorry dad) to embrace the joys of life, and yet so short compared to all that he still has to look forward to. Thirty-two years ago he married the hot-chick from DrugTown; two years later they had their first child (me!) and then just a couple after that they were blessed with yet another girl. Dad allowed us to have pets growing up... all of which I believe were female, except one. He's always been outnumbered in that sense, and handled it very well. It's taught him to love getting his hair done and to take pride in his appearance. He never did have a helper with yard work, a companion while building and constructing things, or a partner for athletic events with us girls!

And then six years ago he adopted his first son and was provided a grandson four years ago. Dad has opened his heart to these boys just as though they were all his own, and I couldn't be more grateful. There aren't many times that families have the bond that we do, and it's really cool to see my daddy and my hubby interact.

Two years ago, dad got another little girl in the family, and it was apparent that he had a favorite! Papa has really come around full-circle! Just in time to walk his last baby girl down the aisle in just 16 days, and accept another son to the family. My dad would never admit it, but I think milestones like this are hard for even a man who's seen 55 years of life happen before him. The coolest part is that he's been the rock in building these little families and I know that the future will be even more amazing than the past.
Thank you dad for giving us girls all that we could have dreamed for. You have been the most amazing person to us and we all love you dearly. Have a great celebration! Cheers and happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment