Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pinterest Innovation

I'm really not the creative type. Any personal ingenious comes from someone else’s inspiration. But, hey, I was taught to not reinvent the wheel, so I do my best. I rattled my brain for a short while before realizing that the key to baby-shower-success is Pinterest. They have everything from décor to food. After logging in, it was a piece of cake (without the cake!)

I started with the nursery theme "You are My Sunshine"...
Citron Burst Custom 4-piece Crib Bedding Set | Citron Burst Nursery Idea | Carousel Designs 500x500 image

Added a cute handmade invitation that sold for $15 each on Etsy,,,

Messed up, uh, I mean, tore, ripped, shredded, uh created a few beautiful tissue poofs,,,

Combined those with the thoughtful "Wishes for Baby" hand-written by a five year old and distributed to all 50+ attendees at the shower...

Added a diaper trike for the Harley-loving parents, which sells for $65 online...

Borrowed my daughters bed canopy for a soft flair and reused the bazillion cake stands left over from the wedding...

And wah-lah!! We have a beautiful brunch, in a rented space, that served our baby shower needs for one of the most special ladies in my life... my sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment