Friday, April 13, 2012

Welcome Hayden Ranae!

They say that only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend. After welcoming Hayden Ranae to the world on Wednesday, it made sense. She is everything perfect. I have spent the last two days admiring her during each free moment I've had. I've watched her face expressions and listened to her whimpers. I saw her attempt to nurse her first time, laid awake late at night thinking about her and reminiscing about her smell, fingers, hair, and smile.

I can't wait to embrace her in my arms with love, watch her grow into a young lady, witness her attitude and watch her parents get frustrated, be there when she needs a non-judgemental ear, support her in her life decisions, encourage her to pursue dreams and let her know how much I love her.

Hayden, you've already changed my life, and you don't even know it yet. In just 24 hours, and I already know that you'll be amazing! I can't wait for this world to meet you and see all that you have to offer.









Hayden Ranae Hodgins
April 11, 2012 7:30 p.m.
6 lbs 4 oz ~ 19 in

8 comments:

  1. Aw a girl! Great pics. Congrats Aunt Kristi! Love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very precious, she is beautiful... and Megan you look great...Congratulations to Megan and Blake...well done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet!! I had tears rolling down my face after reading this. You are so sweet Kristi. This is so true. She is a beauty. Such a happy time. Give Megan, Blake and Hayden love from the Anderson's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRECIOUS!..AMAZING...MIRACLE...BEAUTIFUL...GIFT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayden is 48 hours old and her Mama just said it perfectly, "It' so easy to fall in love".
    You and Blake have been blessed with God's most precious gift. You are amazing parents. Thank you Kristi for Hayden' s beautiful introduction! She is lucky to have you in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Now that my eyes are somewhat cleared up...I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! And so does Miss Hayden :) Thank you for everything you've said, everything you've done and already helped me with...the advice, everything!!! Being an Aunt is an amazing roll, having your best friend as your sister...INCREDIBLE, being a Mother is UNEXPLAINABLE!!!! Blake and I cannot wait to have her meet the world and show her off :)

    ReplyDelete