Saturday, June 9, 2012

Time to SLOW down!

If the last month is any preview of how fast the next 10 years are going to go, I'm screwed.

Okay, scratch that... let me start in a more optimistic frame...

Memories are made of moments that keep us living. Moments that drive our days and give us something to wake up to. But they also make us realize just how fast each year seems to go. Here's a recap of the special moments of our life during the the last few weeks...

My first baby turned six years old!

To celebrate he got donuts for breakfast, a visit from mom and McDonalds at school for lunch, and his favorite Happy Joe's personal pizza for dinner. Aunt Meggie even made him the famous Cheap Cake (recipe of his great-grandma Max).

Then we got dare-devilish and took him and four boys to the Kernel's game for a little Schucks action! Cade threw out the first pitch, all the kids were on the jumbotron, cake was delivered, it was hot enough to have cups of ice delivered all day, we went into extra innings and finally we beat those Quad City River Bandits! Now, that is a good baseball game!

Big milestones were also hit at school. Cade completed kindergarten and his teacher, Mrs. Hoefer, was a true inspiration to him. I was amazed to see how he developed his academics in such a short period. Going from the inability to color inside the lines just 10 months ago to writing sentences and reading books independently now. Of course, his favorite subject was gym!

And then there is Layna finishing her first year of preschool. She loves to be artsy, creative, and sing! Her teachers taught her so much about manners and taking turns. It's obvious that she is ready for a full five-day week of preschool next year.

Finally, Jarin and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. Seriously?! I think back to 12 years ago, when I met him... And how he has made me the happiest woman. And with that I realize how fast this is all taking place and the importance of tracking each one of these little instances. For some day, I will blink and this blessed life that I have will be treasures in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment