Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Half-Way There!

I woke today with excitement and anticipation! It was time for our 20 week ultrasound! First thing's first... I peed in my cup, showered, and got the kids ready for school. At breakfast, Alayna looks at me funny as says, "Mom, I think it's weird that you have to show your doctor your pee again!"

Yeah, well that statement turned into an entire breakfast conversation between a 4- and 6- year old of: "how does she get her pee in there?" ... "oh, I bet she scooped it out of the toilet!" ... "how does it stay in there!" ... "I wonder where do she puts it"? ... "why is it so yellow?"

Okay, enough! I fessed up to the kids as though they were crazy for not understanding how this works... I explained that I simply put the cup under my butt and pee in it! Then the doctor tests it to see if the baby is okay. Fine, they got it.

After just a couple hours in meetings, I raced out, picked up the hubs from the office, and arrived at the appointment just in time. Whoo-hoo, it was time to see this baby in action!

Oh yeah, time to weigh in. Another 3 lbs gained since the 16 week appt. Jarin clarified quickly that was 9 lbs since pre-pregnancy... thanks A-Hole. Did I mention that we should mandate husband weigh-ins each month too?

Right away, I handed the technician our orange envelope with card inside that read:
It's A _________
I clarified that we do not want to know the gender today, and she agreed. Carefully I listened as she described the baby's anatomy, but she never slipped with a he or she. Come to find out, it is a perfectly healthy 11 oz. baby - spine, brain, stomach, arms and legs were all perfect, and the strong heartbeat came in at 136 bpm. I could even count all 10 toes and fingers.


Okay, so quite possibly Baby is flipping us off in this one picture, but after about a half hour of poking and prodding, this little Baby was fed up and tired! Watch this sweet moment that was captured with Baby's big yawn:
 
We left the office, and Jarin designated himself keeper of the envelope which holds the card with the now-filled-in-blank. How he got to be the lucky one, I'm not sure. Although, if I had access, I may be tempted to peek!
 
So, what do you think it is? Take the poll on the right side of the blog, and stay tuned for the big reveal, compliments of Bella Daisy Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment