Friday, February 21, 2014

Oh, Hayden Ranae!

I've gotten lucky with the amount of time I've had with my sweet niece recently. From our shopping dates, to our sleepovers, and day dates painting and baking....




I have to say, she is such a hoot! Barely do I get the table clean and she is laying on top of it, licking it! I almost get breakfast cleaned up, and she pulls the Apple Jacks out of the pantry, spills them on the floor and then walks over top, crushing each one. Hardly do I have her out of the tub, and she is throwing everyone's clothes into the dirty water to make the other three kids laugh. I couldn't get a pile of clothes folded without her "helping" to fold (ie: unfold). And she is fairly bossy when it comes to wanting all of us to wear matching hair bows that she finds in Alayna's caboodle.


This not-even-two-years-old-little-squirt is in pull ups and "telling" me when she needs to go poop. Seriously. And even though she is such a little tike, she is such a good big cousin. Everywhere she goes, she makes sure that Paisley is right behind her, or that we save her room, provide her own sippy, or share our snacks. Let me tell you, you'd think she could babysit.



Miss Hayden is such a spunky little girl too, her seriousness and curiosity are magical, her smile is contagious, but her laugh... it's truly a giggle that I can't get enough of. It's a deep, adorable belly laugh and then she covers her mouth as if to be dainty.


Unfortunately, I don't feel that I've ever spent enough time with this peanut, and I understand why Alayna begs to see her night after night. She is a lover, and a cuddler - but not at 5:15 a.m. when she's up and at 'em! Oh, no, at that time she wants to sing to me!!


She adores anyone who gives her attention and makes her smile, and she is such a wonderful mix of her parents. The mild-manner chill, observing eye, quietness of her dad; the big-hearted, sassy, demanding cuteness of her mom. I couldn't ask for a better, cuter, sweeter little niece. 

Miss Hayden, I will sure miss seeing you grow up over the next two years. Soon you'll be off to school, and meeting new friends. And I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't the smartest, wittiest, class clown around.

No comments:

Post a Comment