Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just pretending!

Jarin worked a little later last night and so I put the kids in charge of playing nicely while I made dinner for them. They chose to play upstairs in Alayna's room, which doesn't bother me, as I can still hear them (with their Skala-voices!) Every 10 minutes or so I ran up and checked on them to ensure they were being nice to each other, sharing toys, etc. The second time I went up I found both of them tucked into Alayna's toddler bed, blankets up to their necks. I said, "what are you guys doing?" The response from both was simultaneously, "Playing mom-and-dad!"  Okay, I thought, what ever happened to pushing babies in a stroller to constitute playing mom-and-dad?

Then, I noticed neither were wearing shirts! I pulled the blanket back, and said, "why are you both in just your underwear?" Alayna instantly gets bashful but shows a huge smile, and Cade looks at me with his big eyes and so honestly says, "we're just pretending, mom."

Oh, geez... what's next!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment