Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy Weekend in Cedar Rapids!

omedays I wonder why we pay a mortgage in Davenport, because I think we'd do fine claiming the basement at my parents! :-) This past weekend, we came into town Thursday night and Friday we spent the day shopping with mom and letting Papa and Cade have some time together. One of our stops was TJMaxx for a "little" gift for Meg... well, we turn around and Aly has some of the lace skivvies on herself!
Friday night was Meg's bachelorette party at Cibo Fusion and the Piano Lounge. We had a great time, and she had about 25 girls show up. The company was so fun and Moog loved seeing everyone. She was beautiful of course, and it makes us look that much more forward to seeing her in her bridal gown.
Saturday, we spent doing more shopping (duh!) and then it was off to a couple's shower fro Meg and Blake thrown by my parents friends. Wow... Glori and Deb sure know how to through a celebration! We started at 4 p.m. and in just a few hours they had us all playing flippy-cup. I was exhausted by the time we made it home, but it was a great time! Who knew that hanging out with your parents could be the most fun?
Sunday was Father's Day, and Dad and Jarin spent the better part of the afternoon working on building a deck at my parents. It's so neat to see those two work together. Their personalities match too perfectly to be a coincidence. God sure must have had a plan when he introduced me to Jarin, because he is a perfect replica of my dad. I love those boys!
The best part was that Caden fit right in with his own responsibilities! Look at those worker-gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment