Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The value of girlfriends

I have praised my husband, kids and family many times while blogging... but I don't know that I've ever really expressed my gratitude toward my wonderful girlfriends! Living in the Quad Cities puts a little barrier between me and my favorite girls. Unless there is an event of some sort, it's hard to get together for no reason. Well, Sunday was an exception! Trisha and Kati packed up their kids (in the Fortune's new mini) and headed down I-80. We pulled out the sunscreen, towels, chairs and slippy slides and the kids went at it. Us three relaxed in the sun and it was nice to have one of those no-brainer days, especially when it's all about girl talk! Here's some of my favorites from that sunny Sunday afternoon...

Isn't it sweet how they wait in single-file line at the top of the hill for their turn at the fun?
Yes, the pool is nasty! I think the whole sandbox was transferred to the water! But, look at Lindsay... isn't she the sweetest?

This is my little Godson, Cal. The kids taught him the ropes, and he was quick to figure it out!
This just says it all... five little ones between 1 and 4 -- you've gotta smile!
Wrapping up the day with ice cream...

It's funny that at nearly 30 years old, I'm content with a lawn chair and the girls. Okay, so a bucket of margaritas may have made the afternoon a little better! :-) Too often our schedules don't align and hanging out doesn't happen often enough. It's surely not something that I take for granted, so thanks Kati and Trish for the jaunt to Davenport. I enjoyed my time more than you can imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment