Sunday, June 6, 2010

Six wonderful years...

We sure have been blessed. Meeting 10 years ago in a drunken fiasco, somehow falling in love, and seeing the beauty of what our lives would be like merged. He asked for my hand in marriage on the dock of his family cabin, using the inheritance from his grandmother to place the ring on my finger. Now, six years later, I look at that stunning diamond and know that it came from family and created a family. A family I wouldn't trade for the world.

We have laughed through the years because the celebration of our marriage has always occurred all year long each year, instead of on one specific day. We've never been good with documented Hallmark holidays like Valentine's Day, anniversaries, and birthdays. While we love gift-giving for others, we've tended not to spoil each other on special occasions. This year was no different... we agreed once again to no anniversary gifts.

But, I was sneaky and ran to Hy-Vee for a nice card and special bottle of red wine, hoping we could enjoy it together after our dinner out (with the kids!) Guess what? I was the one dooped, not Jarin! He spoiled the crap out of me with a brand new set for our deck.


Here's to celebrating six years over and over again, to good (cheap) glasses of red wine, delightful dinners out with the kids, and relaxation at our home together. I love you more babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment