Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Will, I Have, I Do

The wedding vows were exchanged! Blake is officially part of our family! And I am very lucky to obtain another brother! Everything was perfect, beautiful, and memorable. Only three things that I regret...
  1. not taking more time to visit with many friends and family who attended
  2. not being smart enough to charge my camera battery in advance
  3. not ensuring that my daughter had skivvies on before heading to the church
Yep, I said it! We arrived at the church in time for the rehearsal just to find my 2-year-old-potty-trained-daughter flaunting her bare butt through the gathering space! It was a warm, heartfelt welcome from her, let me tell you! I was utterly embarrassed, but couldn't do much about it except blame my dad who helped her go potty before leaving. Thankfully, Jarin rushed to Hy-Vee and bought a package of pull-ups to cover up that tush during the practice ceremony. Good thing, since she had her feet over her head most of the time we were there!

This just began the kid's humorous maneuvers, which helped carry us all through the beautiful ceremony. Mom and dad walked Meg down the aisle, which was only appropriate since they both played such an integral role in her growing up. She stayed so strong and gorgeous that it was obvious that the happiest day of her life was underway.

As I mentioned, my camera battery only lasted for about one hour into the reception, so group pictures were not captured by me. But one that I wanted to share, which is my ultimate favorite...

The newlyweds scooted off for Jamaica early Monday morning, and I hope that they take this week to have the opportunity to relax, talk, relax, eat, reminisce, and maybe even make a baby!!

Love you Meg! You were a beautiful bride, and I was honored to be standing beside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment