Monday, August 23, 2010

Winding up Summer 2010

Is it really fair to say that we are done with summer? Where did the time go? This week, Caden will be starting his last year of preschool with his big-boy back pack and crap-load of school supplies! He's very excited, and I'm happy for him too. But, before all that happens, we wouldn't be be the Hansen's if we didn't pack the weekend with a minute-by-minute itinerary of fun!

Friday, we traveled with my parents to Adventureland in Des Moines. This is the 3rd year in a row that we've gone, and it's always so fun because Jarin and I went as kids, and the memories still come back each year! Caden and Alayna were ride fanatics, even in the rain!

They went on anything and everything that spun in circles, and were actually sad when they weren't quite height-approved for the big roller coasters! The rain sure didn't stop us like everyone else in the park... we picnic'd outside (tailgate style) and the kids loved the HUGE frog nearby in the swamp....
And then we headed right back in for more fun! It was so empty at that point, that we rode the front car on the Tornado three times in a row because no one was in line! What a great day!

On Saturday, we took the kids to the state fair and soaked up more rides, unhealthy food, lots of heat, a couple cold beers, good entertainment, and Caden realized that he wanted to be a cowboy!
The kids got their turn at face (and arm) paint. Cade, of course, needed the Hawkeye "tattoo" and Alayna a pretty unicorn!
And then we visited our friends, the Moses, who show animals (and win often)!! Mandy was sweet enough to get the kids right up by the baby, and they learned where their milk comes from.
I guess I've learned the kids' love for animals! Too bad we don't live on a farm, because I think that I have two munchkins that would love the animals, the work, and the attire! Cade swears he is a cowboy now!
 

Sunday Thing 1, Thing 2, and myself went to the pool. I was a little concerned taking the two of them without another adult for supervision. Come to find out, I have no idea why I'd be concerned! Those two stinkers jumped, swam, AND went down water-slides without my help! The day started with me taking Alayna down the slide and then progressed to me walking the kids to the stairs while they waited their turn for the slide. And finally, the day ended with my two-year old telling mommy to stay in the pool.

Yowza! Wonder what she'll be like when I take her for the first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment