Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He's getting smart!

My kids are at the age, only 20 months apart, that they play so well together. I hate for them to grow up, grow apart, separate girl things from boy things, meet their own friends, focus on their own interests, etc.

Something though, tells me that it's not going to be just their interests that pull them apart.... it might possibly be Cade's annoyance with how much his sister talks! She doesn't quit!!! Every waking moment she is telling a story, wanting your undivided attention, all the while chomping on her bubble gum! She is the all-American, chattery, valley-girl who back in the 90's our parents mocked and made fun of us for.

Tonight the two were playing downstairs together while I made dinner. Of course I could hear Alayna bossing Caden around, being her sassy-self. He just took her orders and pretty soon Cade came up with his three motorcycles and shut the basement door behind him. I didn't think anything of it as Layna continued jabbering downstairs by herself. She was singing, playing with the babies, chewing her gum, and carrying on when after about 20 min she yelled for Cade (in a singy-song voice), "Big bruuuuutter! Wheeere arrrre youuuu?" His response was without pause and completely nonchalant, "I am still going potty."
Clearly, he did not come up to go potty! I looked at him (kinda sideways, I'm sure) and said, "Really? Why did you tell her that?"

"Cuz mom," he said, "... I don't want her to know where I'm at!" Poor boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment