Thursday, April 7, 2011

Saying Good-bye to Mr. Miles

Jarin has fought allergies for as long as I've known him. And I've known him since college. But, I've also had my furry friend, Mr. Miles, since then as well. So when the ENT refused to do much to treat Jarin's allergies until he got rid of the cat, it was a toss up for me. Get rid of the husband, or Miles? Okay, well maybe not that extreme...

Then in the fall of 2009, Cade was put on an inhaler for an allergic cough. Oh no, I really needed to start thinking about my options now! While Jarin was such a good sport for 8 years, I didn't think it was right to make Cade go through the fight too. So I started pondering what life would be without the furry guy running  around.

Well, it's a year and a half later now, and we are planning to move. What a perfect time to find him a new home. But, I was certain there wouldn't be another family to love Miles the way we have. Even with the boys' allergies, not a day went by that either of them didn't hold, cuddle, and love him.

Finally last week I sat at the computer and wrote up the online newspaper classified, added a picture...and hit 'Save'. The next day, I pulled it back up on the computer... do I really hit 'Submit'? Yes, I had to. And within 9 hours I had my first email from someone inquiring. Right away I called Jarin (who was in New Orleans on business). "I can't commit," I told him.

But I did, and it couldn't have worked out better. Miles is now the brother to 3-year old who was afraid of the dark and reluctant every time his parents left him. The family keeps in contact with us regularly and provides continuous updates on Miles. Their most recent note said the following:

Things are still going really well. We have all grown to love Miles so much! He really fits well here and we all enjoy his company. Just as you said he is always close by where ever we are. Today Tyler and I made Easter cupcakes and Miles was right there "supervising" the whole time! :)

Here he is snuggled in his new digs...

No comments:

Post a Comment