Sunday, June 5, 2011

Celebrating 7 years

Seven years ago I remember waking at my mom's house to the tune, "go-ing to the cha-pel and we're... gonna get ma-a-ar-ried!" It was raining that morning, and I had a horse and carriage lined up. Of course, it turned out amazing. I loved my hair, the dress was perfect, my church was peaceful, everyone showed up as planned, and the memories have lasted forever. They are engrained in my mind. Every moment of that day, from grasping my father's arm, to the tears that gently fell as I stood at the alter staring at my soon-to-be husband. And then it was over. The ceremony concluded and we were pronounced man and wife. Okay, for all of you who attended, I understand that it was a long hour of ceremonial Catholic mass.... but in my head it all happened so perfectly. And looking back, seven years later, that was such a short fragment of time to springboard the next chapter of our lives.

Then is was time to celebrate!


To my amazing husband... after just seven years, I feel like you've been a part of my heart forever. You have encouraged me, motivated me and believed in me, and for that I'll be forever grateful. I'll never forget the night before our wedding, when you told me "I'm excited for tomorrow, but I'm even more excited for the next 50 years."

Only 42 more to go, babe!

1 comment:

  1. To one of my favorite couples - Happy Anniversary!

    ...and can I tell you how excited I am to hear you're officially going to be close by?? CANNOT WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete