Monday, February 22, 2010

If it's not one, it's the other!

So, I dropped Cade off at a birthday party on Saturday morning... yep, I said it... I dropped him off! At first he was nervous and wanted me to stay, but as soon as we walked in Ella invited him in to play and he was off! So, that was the end of my stay. I had instructions to come back in two hours.

Well, those two hours ended up being a disaster! Not for Cade, but my little monkey Alayna! By the time I had gotten back home, Jarin mentioned that Alayna was acting funny and not using her arm. I thought, what-do-you-mean-not-using-her-arm!?!?! Sure enough, I tried giving her juice and she only would grab it with her right hand. When I forced the use of the left, she simply dropped the juice box. I called the pediatrician's office and was informed that she needed to be seen in the ER. So, off we went!

Oh, that poor little girl. She was in pain when she had to use the left arm, but otherwise, she was fine. It took lots of silly games and grapes to entertain her during our wait. Lucky dad got to play the infamous licking game!!
 

We were admitted to the Fast-Track ER which was a bonus, and the PA came in and knew right away that it was Nursemaid Elbow. Apparently, as Jar helped her walk down the stairs that morning, she slipped and he held on to her, pulling her elbow out of socket! The PA did a 20 second procedure, popped it back it, let her scream, and made sure she was fine (which she was as soon as he brought her 6 stickers and a sucker!) But, I felt terrible for her....

2 comments:

  1. When I was little, I had this twice in one day...my mom was SURE they were going to call DHS on her!! But I was fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was so funny because Jarin felt guilty after being gone for 3 weeks that he came home and pulled her elbow out of socket! He kept trying to justify how he was holding on to her, but they knew that it was accidental!

    ReplyDelete