Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The minds of the kids...

I adore listening to the unique, creative, and nonchalant thoughts from the kids. Here are a couple from the last couple days. I hope you get a kick out of them too.

Sunday, I bent down and my shirt came up in the back. Caden innocently looked at me and said, "mom, who colored on your back?" I had to explain that the tattoo artist did!

Last night, Caden was getting ready for bed, and said, "I want daddy to sing to me." While I'm sitting there contemplating how I could arrange Jarin to sing to Caden from Texas, Alayna, the little stink that she is, looks at him and quickly responds with, "No bubba, da-da town!" (She was sure to inform him that daddy was out of town!)

Every day, I'm so amazed by the development of the kids. They talk and interact more and more every day, and to watch their imaginations at work is fascinating. Lately, they've been hooked on playing house. I rearrange the living room furniture each night building the walls of their house and then they role-play everyone from Papa (with the big belly) and Grandma to Jarin and Kristi to the teachers at preschool and even Hawkeye football players and cheerleaders!

The best is to see their behaviors when they are pretending to be in these roles. 'Kristi' always seems to be yelling at the babies and telling them to "go to sleep! no talking! be quiet! sit down! eat your food!" .... I wonder if that's what the kids hear when I talk to them?!?! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, this just made my night! So many moments like this to look forward to!!

    ReplyDelete