Monday, July 27, 2009

We finished!!

Jarin and I started training for the BIX7 4th of July weekend... I know, we're procrastinators! That weekend, kid you not, neither of us could run 2 miles without stopping. Little by little we worked our butts off and took turns running each night after the kids went to bed. By last week, I was running about 3.5 miles a day, and Jarin was hitting about 4-5. The race finally came this weekend, and I WAS SO NERVOUS! Since it was my first race I've ever done in my life, I really stressed whether or not I'd even be able to finish the seven miles of hills through Davenport.



But, as a part of the 15,237 runners that completed the trek, we did it! Jarin finished in 1 hour and 5 minutes (4545th place), and I finished in 1 hour and 15 minutes (7206th place)! WHOO-WHOOT! And can I brag a little more??? I even beat two of Jarin's buds!!

So, now I think we are on to the Sweet Corn Fest 5K... any takers?

1 comment: